Fitness can improve your health and reduce the risk of developing several diseases like type 2 diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease. Fitness will have immediate and long-term health benefits. Most importantly, regular activity can improve your quality of life.
The exercise bike is one of the most popular ways to exercise to lose weight and increase the muscular endurance of the legs.
Exercise on this type of equipment can be done in spinning classes, at the gym, or in the comfort of your own home, as you can buy various types of exercise bikes that fit your needs and financial availability.
Although to some people it may seem like a very repetitive and boring exercise, the truth is that this type of exercise has several health benefits, especially for losing weight, toning the legs and improving heart health.
1. Helps to lose weight This is an excellent cardiovascular exercise that allows you to burn up to 260 calories in just 30 minutes and is an important ally for those trying to lose weight or eliminate some localized fat. Exercise with the exercise bike can also be used by those trying to increase lean muscle mass, as long as it is not overdone, it helps to burn fat, leaving only lean mass built up during bodybuilding training.
2. Protects the joints Exercising on the exercise bike or participating in gym spinning classes, for example, are great options for maintaining fitness while recovering from orthopeadic injuries. This is because this type of exercise, when done correctly, greatly reduces the impact on the hip, knee and ankle joints, especially when compared to other activities such as running, jumping rope or playing football, for example.
3. Increases stamina and tones legs Muscle endurance is the ability of the muscle to continue to function when it is used for a long time. Thus, when you are pedaling with resistance on an exercise bike, the muscles will adapt and become stronger and more toned, especially in the legs and butt. By increasing the strength and endurance of a muscle it is also possible to improve the health of the surrounding bones and ligaments, which causes an increase in strength in daily activities, preventing injury.
4. Prevents cardiovascular disease Exercise on an exercise bike is an important type of cardiovascular exercise because it lowers blood pressure, improves heart function and controls blood sugar levels. It also lowers bad cholesterol while increasing good cholesterol, reducing the risk of clot formation. Thus, it is possible to avoid various health problems such as high blood pressure, stroke, stroke or thrombosis, for example.
5. Reduces stress Taking a 30-minute exercise bike or taking a spinning class takes the body to release more adrenaline and endorphins, which helps to greatly reduce stress levels, while strengthening the immune system and creating a sense of pleasure and euphoria.
How to regulate the bike correctly: Knowing how to use and adjust the exercise bike is one of the most important steps to ensure good results and avoid injuries. For this it is important to be aware of some details such as:
Seat height: should allow the leg to be slightly bent when seated when the pedal is in the lowest position of movement;
Seat position: should allow the knee to be parallel to the pedal;
Handlebar: It should be possible to reach the handlebar with your arms slightly bent, keeping your back straight and your shoulders relaxed.
In spinning classes, the teacher usually helps each person adjust their bicycle, especially when doing this kind of exercise for the first time.
To get more tips and benefits of using a fitness bike, you can find it at www.lifefitnessbike.com.